Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week Eight: One Month At A Glance

We have spent a great deal of time assessing our interior lives, but we can't forget that maintaining balance in all areas of our lives is our end goal this quarter.

After coaching numerous women this week, I realize that most of us are entering a transition time as we float into the summer.

Let's consider that Memorial Day Weekend is the 'turn of the CALENDAR page" that signals that we are entering into summer with an opportunity, if not a mandate, to live by a new rhythm. Whether we have kids or family reunions, change of job status (from part-time to full-time or full-time to part-time), I want to ask you (and me) to lay out a JUNE calendar that reflects our time and travel commitments. (Note: this will also allow you to plan ahead for eating right and exercising regularly.)

Make notes on this month-at-a-glance calendar that will prompt you to grocery shop, pack for travel, protect your quiet time, go the gym or exercise, visit the sick, volunteer, attend church for special events, or attend weddings, etc. Find a calendar (free, online, or one you normally use) and lay out the month--30 days of a plan that brings peace to your mind and heart, energy to your body, food for your soul, and fun with your family and friends.

Let's do it by the week's end--okay?

Be encouraged,

Becky

5 comments:

  1. How timely this is for me. I completly missed last week's assignment with son coming home from college, total family flying in for the weekend for a bridal shower and my husbands 60th birthday barbeque. All events in our backyard. For the first time this year I missed my daily bible reading. Someone put my bible things away and I couldn't find them. I love Becky's motto: "if you fail to plan you plan to fail". This morning as I did my bible reading and ate my nutritious breakfast I was glad to be back on track. Planning out June makes good sense. I will do last weeks lesson later today. I don't want to miss out on such a valuable assignment. Growing up I struggled with lying so much that I didn't know the truth anymore. It is true that the truth sets you free. Looking forward to being back on track. Houseguests are gone just my college age boy home (that in itself is an adjustment). Thanks for all the honest comments made last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE: This week's topic...
    I always have planned each day, and then even ahead into the month. So, that isnt a real issue for me to accomplish.
    I'm going to take a different slant on this though.
    I hope God surprises me this summer and I hope I get some time in that isnt so planned.
    With my new work-from-home Internet job, no summer events of any kind, and still struggling with the business things just look very status quo.
    I don't mind staying around home and spending time with our new puppy, but just getting miserably tired of being in my office all day long.
    Most talks and sermons lately seem to be geared toward this getting marching orders from God so He can use me.
    That, I think, will be my June focus.
    I'll let Him fill in some of the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, What a lovely thought. 3 yrs ago when my oldest was getting married in our back yard and we were in the middle of a kitchen remodel I would consult God all day long on what was important to do next. There were days that it was a worker who needed encouragement or I would pray for something or someone. God literally filled my days. We accomplished much together. Can hardly wait to hear what God tells you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanted to post a comment also I have a problem in planing anything. I know about Becky's motto" IF you fail to plan you plan to fail". My problem is that one day in advance planning is about all I can do right now. Also, I am slipping so I do need to remember to Keep my head up. and DO my goals daily.

    Pam, i read some of your post and you remind me to keep reading the word and work Becky's plan to achive change and it will come thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Robbie and Laura for keeping up the group. It seems everyone has gotten behind not just me.
    thanks again

    ReplyDelete